DR AADIL SHAUKAT
MBBS , FRCP (Glasg)
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
West of Scotland Regional Heart & Lung Centre Golden Jubilee National Hospital
Agamemnon Street, Clydebank, Glasgow, Scotland, UK G81 4DY
Switch Borad: +44 141 951 5000
Switch Borad: +44 7888 654 804
- "Routine Use of Fluoroscopic-Guided Femoral Arterial Puncture to Minimise Vascular Complication Rates in CTO Intervention: Multi-centre UK experience." Heart Lung Circ. 2016 May 7. pii: S1443-9506(16)30086-5. doi: 10.1016/j.hlc.2016.04.006. Fairley SL, Lucking AJ, McEntegart M, Shaukat A, Smith D, Chase A, Hanratty CG, Spratt JC, Walsh SJ.
- "The collateral circulation of coronary chronic total occlusions." EuroIntervention. 2016 Apr 8;11(14):e1596-603. doi: 10.4244/EIJV11I14A310 McEntegart MB, Badar AA, Ahmad FA, Shaukat A, MacPherson M, Irving J, Strange J, Bagnall AJ, Hanratty CG, Walsh SJ, Werner GS, Spratt JC.
- “Non-Invasive Versus Invasive Management in Patients with Prior Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery with A Non-ST Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome: A Pilot Randomised Controlled Trial and Registry (CABG-ACS). Open Heart. 2016 Apr 20;3(1):e000371. doi: 10.1136/openhrt-2015-000371. eCollection 2016. M.Y. Lee, Mark C. Petrie, Paul Rocchiccioli, Joanne Simpson, Colette Jackson, Ammani Brown, David Corcoran, Kenneth Mangion, Margaret McEntegart, Shaukat A, Alan Rae, Andrew Briggs, Colin Berry
- “Impact of Proctoring on success rates for percutaneous revascularization of Coronary Chronic Total Occlusions”. Open Heart 2015;2:1 e000228 doi:10.1136 Sharma V, Jadhav S, Harcombe A, McEntegart M, Shaukat A, Kelly P, Bagnell A, Egred M, Strange J, Hanratty CG, Walsh SJ, Spratt JC
- “Fractional flow reserve vs. angiography in guiding management to optimise outcomes in non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the British Heart Foundation FAMOUS-NSTEMI randomised trial”. European Heart Journal. Sept 2014 Layland J, Oldroyd KG, Curzen N, Sood A, Balachandran K, Das R, Junejo S, Ahmed N, Lee MM, Shaukat A, O'Donnell A, Nam J, Briggs A, Henderson R, McConnachie A, Berry C.
- “Chronic total occlusion, Use of a 5F guiding catheter in a 6F guiding catheter”, Journal of Invasive Cardiology, 2008 Jun;20(6):317-8 Shaukat A, M.Al-Bustami, Paul JL Ong
- “Picture quiz; young man with palpitations, WPW syndrome” Journal of Acute Medicine. Acute Med. 2011;10(3):164, 167-8 Shaukat A, Grey MC.
- “Premature myocardial infarction presenting with acute pulmonary embolism” Journal of Medical Case reports, 3:8786 (27 August 2009) Gopaluni S, Shaukat A, Gray M, Gokhale R, Al-Bustami M
- “Fatal Haemoptysis in a Young Man with Tuberculous Mediastinal Lymphadenitis. A Case Report and Review of the Literature.” Respiration. 2009;77(3):333-6. Epub 2008 Jan 25 Krishnan B, Shaukat A, Chakravorty I
- “Late complication of PFO closure device”, BSE Echocardiography Journal, May 2007. Shaukat A, Lynch M
- “Picture Quiz, A case of cardiac sarcoidosis” Journal of Acute Medicine 2006; 5(1):20 Shaukat A, Y Raja, I Chemmanam, R Sivakumar
- Author of book “PLAB Advanced”, 2006 Co-Authored with Dr Kanwal Aadil
CORONARY INTERVENTIONS, TCTMD
- “Mess of a clot”, May 2012
- “No Reflow at its best”, April 2012
- “FFR picked up hidden coronary lesion”, March 2011
- “Never say never, case of primary intervention in a 99 year old” July 2010
- “Degenerate Sephanous Vein Graft Intervention” June 2009
- “Create a drug eluting stent”, March 2009
- “Old technique revisited”, January 2009
- “Use of platelet inhibition studies in case of urgent stenting”, April 2008
- “Stent under sizing, interesting case of two primary interventions to right coronary artery”, December 2007
- “Intervention to tortuous LIMA via a roller coaster loop”, December 2007
- “Very Late simultaneous stent thrombosis in paclitaxil coated stents, interesting case of primary PCI”, July 2007
Extensively trained in all aspects of general cardiology with experience in large volumes UK centres like Harefield Hospital, Derriford Hospital, Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Golden Jubilee National Hospital.
General Cardiology outpatient clinic at Glasgow Royal Infirmary dealing with various cardiac problems like
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disorders
- Cardiac Arrythmias
- Accreditation holder British Society of Echocardiography, Adult Trans-thoracic imaging
- Extensive training in Diagnostic and Coronary Interventional procedures.
- Extensive experience in Primary PCI for STEMI. Currently on the out of hours rota for PPCI at Golden Jubilee National Hospital
- Routine practice includes complex PCI procedures including left-main stem, bifurcations and multi-vessel intervention
- Independent operator in high-speed rotational atherectomy
- Trained in intra-coronary imaging (IVUS and OCT) and physiological assessment (FFR). These modalities constitute part of my daily practice.
- Extensive experience in Right heart cathetars and post CABG angiogram studies.
- Accreditation holder, Implantable Cardiac Devices, British Heart Rhythm Society
- Bradycardia Pacemaker Device implants including single or dual chamber pacemakers. Default access route is Cephalic Vein. (>90%)
- Trained in Subclavian vein access
- Dual chamber pacemakers, Single chamber pacemakers, Implantable loop recorders, Pacemaker generator change